Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Downside of Not Doing DIEP Reconstruction

Since my initial appointment with the breast surgeon last August, I was hoping to have DIEP reconstruction when I had my mastectomy. As I previously posted, I am not a good candidate for DIEP so will be having expander and implant reconstruction. I'm pleased with this idea, but there is a downside...

Since August, I've been eating a little extra in hopes of building up a little more belly fat. You know, the more belly fat, the bigger the boobs! I was telling everyone "I'm not putting on weight, I'm growing boobs". We'll, hasn't that just backfired on me! No DIEP means no tummy tuck that goes along with it.

Guess I'll now have to get rid of the excess the old fashioned way! Good thing I at least enjoy yoga and pilates! I think I'm going to have to learn to love sit-ups too!


No comments: