Thursday, April 17, 2014

hier kommt die Sonne

I figured one of my favourite songs by my favourite band would be suitable for this post. 



Eins, zwei,drei, vier, fünf, sechs, sieben, acht, neun, aus
(One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, out)

And so the countdown begins...

I received confirmation of my surgery date this afternoon; I'm set for June 18th, baring any emergency surgeries.  As soon as I had a firm date, this song popped into my head...here comes the sun...finally!

"Legt sich schmerzend auf die Brust"
(it lays painful on the chest)

so aptly describes the pain and discomfort I've been in for the past four years. 

"hier kommt die Sonne"
(here comes the sun)

The proverbial light at the end of the tunnel.  I just know I'm going to feel 200% better after this surgery.

It'll be a one or two night hospital stay; he told me it would be up to me depending on how I feel, and likely six weeks off work. I'll update more when I have more details; my information package was being mailed to me today. 

Enjoy the long Easter weekend everyone!  May you all be surrounded by family, friends and an abundance of love!

No comments: