Saturday, December 20, 2008

We interrupt our regular scheduled programming to bring you a Menopause Moment...















~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Menopause Survival Kit ...

Put M&M's into a cute container and follow these directions ...

To temporarily calm your craving for chocolate eat the
BROWN one ...

At the first sign of hot flashes eat the RED one ...

Eat the ORANGE one to minimize depression ...

The GREEN one calms your frustrations, when you want to be left alone ...

If you feel a headache coming on eat the YELLOW one ...

The BLUE one reduces bloating ...

If all symptoms occur at the same time ...

eat the WHOLE DAMN BAG!!!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All kidding aside, at 6 weeks post-surgery, I'm definitely into full-blown surgical menopause. I was definitely in peri-menopause before my surgury having very irregular periods, and already experiencing night sweats and some hot flashes. Well, I'm not sad to see the periods go and as for the night sweats and hot flashes, well, they've intensified some, but nothing I can't handle. I am experiencing some insomnia and irritability, but nothing major (at least DH hasn't complained too much about my mood swings). I may have more symptoms yet to come, but so far, I feel pretty damn good!

If this is menopause...so far, it's a breeze!

3 comments:

Tracey said...

Just like Grandma ... sailed on through ... :)

Vicki said...

What a stellar young woman!!!

Wendy said...

6 weeks since the big day... time goes by so fast. Post surgery menopause just SUCKS!!! I hope it starts to get less and less soon.

Merry Christmas
Wendy