Friday, September 11, 2009

I Survived!!!

Wednesday was my first day back to work following my PBM. I was worried I wouldn’t be able to make it with the pain I was in from Tuesday’s fill, but when I woke up Wednesday morning, the pain was gone!!!! There’s still a very slight tightness in my chest, but that’s it! Since the pain only lasted the first day, maybe I will complete the rest of my fill at the next visit on September 21...I'll see how it goes and she uses 50cc syringes; I can always stop after one.

Going back to work Wednesday and Thursday was exhausting, but I did manage to work a full 7 hours each day. I have today off ~ I usually don’t work Fridays. On my first day back, I received the most beautiful bouquet of sunflowers from my cohorts in crime, er, I mean my co-workers, Mark and Tammy! Thank you both! They are beautiful. Mark said since I was returning to work, so was the sunshine. So very sweet.

Many many of my girlfriends at work copped a feel of my new foobs with many varied reactions. The hardness of the expanders surprised quite a few! LOL Everyone said I looked great. I’m starting to get out of my funk and am feeling much better about myself. Those negative thoughts are beginning disappear. It’s good to be back and to have the “distraction” of work. I had really missed all of my friends and coworkers!!!

5 comments:

Lisa Roy said...

Hey Shari,

So glad to hear you're feeling better. It definitely helps to get on with your life, even if it tires you out for a while.

Beautiful flowers!

Hugs to you x

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great start. So nice that your co-workers are so understanding and caring. Glad to hear that you are feeling better too. Can't wait until I'm almost done too, instead of almost starting! :) Take care,
Teri Smieja

Caroline said...

Hi Shari - I have my PBM on 7 Oct so it is nice to read your blog and see how well you are doing!!
Take care!
Caroline
(from BRCA Umbrella!)

More Than My Genes said...

How are you doing now Shari? You've been back to work for a while and, as we know, the blog entries reduce dramatically once you reach your goal. I hope you are getting back to normality now. Good days ahead x

Shari said...

I'm doing well!!! :-) I've been so busy with life...we had to move my grandma into a retirement home and a couple of days ago one of our dogs got skunked so I've been de-skunking the house! Needless to say, I've been negligent with the blog. I'm hoping to post pictures soon from my final fill. My exchange is set for November 25! I can't wait!