Monday, February 24, 2014

Quick Update and Some Answers...sort of...

Successful but long day in London.  Just want to give a quick update...in a nutshell, Dr. Ross says there's no way to determine what's causing my pain (scar tissue [capsular contracture], tightness [my left foob is definitely tighter he said] or nerve pain). He doesn't think it's nerve pain based on my description of the pain, but he can't be sure...it could be a combo of all-of-the-above. 

Long story short, my options are do nothing or have a Latissimus Dorsi Flap.  He doesn't want to put me through the ordeal of a DIEP flap because there's no guarantee it'll will solve my pain issues.

I'm 99% sure I'll go with the Lat Flap.  We'll talk about it and think on it while we're away on vacation, and when  we get home, I'll let Margo know what I want to do.

Off to Cuba in 2 days so have lots to do between now and then.  Will update when I get home and have made my final decision.

No comments: