Saturday, February 1, 2014

It's about time!!!!

After a very long four month wait, I finally received my referral to Dr. Ross at St. Joseph's in London.  My appointment with him is set for February 24th, 2014 at 1:00.  Here's hoping the weather is good and the roads are clear that day!!!  I'd hate to have to cancel and reschedule after how long it took to get this appointment!!!!

I'll update again after my appointment with Dr. Ross.

In the meantime, I'd like to share the following article published on the Huffington post on September 14, 2013.  It's well said and so very true. 
 
My favourite quote from the piece is "But those of us who either opted to have mastectomies as a preventative measure, or had mastectomies as a life-saving measure, aren't excited about our "new boobs." In truth, we'll never be the same. We see ourselves differently now when we look in the mirror, because we are different, inside as well as outside."


No comments: