Friday, May 9, 2008

Gardening for the Cause

I had a fabulous birthday and was spoiled rotten by my husband, family and friends. The dinner hosted by my sister and all the gifts I received were absolutely wonderful! but I just had to point out one extra special gift.

Last year I created a memorial garden for my mom in our backyard and love to spend hours working in it. I received this lovely gardening set from the Papaya and Boogie Shoes....for those who don't know, they are my beautiful nieces, Maia and Ran. :)

This set is made by Midwest Quality Gloves and is available at Home Hardware. Both the gloves and apron are from the product line, Canadian Hope, and are embroidered with the yellow cancer ribbon. Midwest Quality Gloves donates $1.00 from the sale of each glove and apron set to the Canadian Cancer Society in support of cancer research.

The Gloves are a combination of jersey and cotton canvas with PVC dots on the palm for gripping power.



The Apron is a lightweight and comfortable cotton waist apron with deep front pockets to make it ideal for working in the garden.



Thank you girls! Your Auntie Shari loves you!!!

Now if only the weather would get a little nicer, I can get out in the garden and get at it!



2 comments:

Tracey and Mike said...

Papaya and Boogie Shoes love you too!

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing this wonderful gardening set... it is a very thoughtful gift with a great message of support. The bright sunny yellow color would bring sunshine to my flower garden, which seems to be very cool and wet this spring. If I can't be warmed by the sun, I'll at least look sunny warm!

Happy Birthday!