Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Why I Relay

This mp3 file is a message recorded by myself to be aired on The Coast FM Classic Hits 95.5, Kincardine's very own radio station. The Kincardine Relay for Life's Entertainment Chair, Mike Brough, asked all the team captains to record a message about why they participate in Relay for Life. So, press play and listen to Why I Relay...




I relay in memory of my mother who lost a brief but brave battle with ovarian cancer in 2007.
I relay in honour of my father who is an 18 year survivor.
I relay for myself as a carrier of the breast and ovarian cancer gene mutation.
I relay in memory of those who have lost their fight.
I relay in honour of all those still fighting.
I relay for everyone whose lives have been touched by cancer.

Relay For Life is more than just raising money for a good cause, it is a way to honour and remember family and friends. It is a way for a community to comfort one another in their times of grief and celebrate in their times of joy. And it is a way to take up the fight against cancer, to change our future, so that one in three people will not be diagnosed with cancer, so that one day, we will have no reason to relay.


No comments: