Thursday, January 22, 2009

Bye Bye Bloating



For as long as I can remember, I've suffered from abdominal bloating and with fairly regular bouts of irritable bowel syndrome. I've also been having ovarian cysts for years. These kept showing up during my ovarian cancer surveillance ultrasounds. One large one was discovered last year and I had to go back for retesting...talk about scary!!!!

Anyway, since my hysterectomy, all these have disappeared. I feel like a new person! Obviously with my ovaries being removed, ovarian cysts aren't going to be a problem any longer, but my horrible abdominal bloating and the irritable bowel syndrome have disappeared completely. I still have a little tummy fat, but the bloating is gone! My digestive system is also as regular as clockwork. After some googling and researching, I discovered all of these are a symptom of endometriosis. As I said before, when Dr. Vilos did my hysterectomy he discovered quite severe endometriosis that had attached to my bladder and throughout my abdominal cavity.

The hysterectomy has made me a new woman!!! It feels so good to feel good again!!!!

No comments: