Sunday, April 6, 2008

It's all in the......skin!

In November and December of 2006, I had two tattoos done on my inside forearms representing my parents. Both are gorgeous fairies paired with their birth flowers; honeysuckles for mom (June) and snow drops for dad (January). After mom was diagnosed with ovarian cancer, I added a teal ovarian cancer ribbon to her tattoo and a purple general cancer awareness ribbon to my dad tattoo. Dad is a survivor of two cancers.

After finding out I'm BRCA2 positive, I only thought it fitting, to add my own ribbon (any excuse for another bit of ink!), so on Saturday, April 5, 2008, I had the teal and pink ribbon, representing genetic ovarian and breast cancer, added next to my mom's teal ribbon.






Artwork by Scott Duncan of Sugar Shack Tattoo in Kincardine.
Thank you Scott!!! xo

No comments: